Here is another episode that illustrates how low “pro-Palestinian” activists in Britain can go. Last Friday there was a vigil for Gaza at UCL, backed by the Palestine societies of Goldsmiths, Imperial, King’s, LSE, Queen Mary and SOAS.
From the fans of Abdel Bari Atwan and Neturei Karta at LSE we learn this:
Accompanied with speeches from inspirational speakers such as Sameh Habeeb – the editor of The Palestine Telegraph, the ambience was one of energy!
Gazan hate pulisher Sameh Habeeb? Inspirational?
Let’s recap just a few of the things Habeeb and the Palestine Telegraph have done recently:
– Publishing an antisemitic video by former KKK grand wizard David Duke. This proved too much even for Jenny Tonge, who resigned as a patron of the Palestine Telegraph. (Lauren Booth and George Galloway continue to support it.)
– Publishing a ludicrous story about Israelis stealing organs in Haiti after the earthquake.
– More organ theft poison pieces on Ukraine and Israel.
– Running an article claiming that World Wars 1 and 2 were both Jewish plots.
– Promotion of Holocaust denier Fredrick Toben.
– Marking Holocaust Memorial Day by publishing a revolting Israelis-are-Nazis screed by the antisemite and Holocaust denier Gilad Atzmon.
– Threatening legal action against “Nothing British About the BNP” when it criticised Habeeb for his role in inviting Hungarian neo-fascist Krisztina Morvai of the Jobbik party to a London conference of the pro-Hamas Palestinian Return Centre.
And here is one of the latest offerings from the Palestine Telegraph – another Israelis-are-Nazis slur:
Today, Arabs are the victims of Israeli intransigence and cruelty in Palestine. They live under barbed culture as did the Jews under the Nazis. Perhaps, Jewish emigrants from Eastern Europe could not think fee themselves from the past except to sustain the Nazi culture of human atrocities and reshape Palestine with barbed wires walls and check points to recreate the insanity of Nazism.
The writer of the piece, Mahboob Khawaja, engages in terrorism denial in another article on the Palestine Telegraph:
Increasing disclosures of American and British military massacres of the Iraqi civilians, the home-based authorities will forge illegal arrests of young Muslims in North America and Western Europe, alleging connection with non-existing or dead Al-Qaeda group. More and more planned allegations will make news media headlines about the alleged “Terrorist Plan”, purchase of fertilizer commodity and “bomb-making” and what not.
Funny Mr Khawaja should mention fertiliser bombs. For his own son, Mohammed Momin Khawaja, was convicted in 2009 of taking part in the UK fertiliser bomb plot. What’s more, the judge in his case had this to say:
Mr. Rutherford also chastised Mr. Khawaja’s parents, who submitted written statements before sentencing that painted “a normal family situation,” the judge said. “There was no mention of the array of military style rifles, the crates of ammunition, the other weapons, the projectile-pocked human target on the basement wall (of the family’s Orléans home) … It is impossible to think that the other members of the family were oblivious to Momin’s preoccupation with and proclivity to participate in violent jihad.”
So we have Holocaust deniers, racism, blood libels, conspiracy theories, promotion of a neo-fascist, and absurd denial on behalf of terrorists. Among other horrors in Mr Habeeb’s record.
And the loons at LSE find the man “inspirational”, while claiming they “believe in a no platform policy for fascists”.